Phoenix Flash

The Student News Site of Odyssey Early College and Career Pathways

Phoenix Flash

Phoenix Flash

Return of the Hot Rod Club and Car Show

For the first time since 2019, the Car Show and Hot Rod Club are back! The club meets every Monday, from3 to 4 PM, in the auto shop. If you plan on going, make sure to enter through the classroom and sign in. It’s run by Mr. Paez, with Tyger Casad as club president and sponsor. On a typical day, the club starts every session by meeting in the classroom to discuss updates about the car show, then they go into the shop to repair, modify, and upgrade various cars, in preparation for the car show. The club aims to appeal to anyone into classic cars, or into repairing, tweaking, or modifying cars. Projects tend to change from meeting to meeting, with some projects including a 1967 Plymouth Fury, and a 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo. As Tyger put it, “every day there are cars coming and going”.  

As alluded to earlier, the car show is returning this year! It is scheduled to take place May 6, 2023. It’s a show that appeals to everyone, car enthusiasts or not, and will feature cars such as low riders, mini trucks, and of course, hot rods. But, the cars will not be there just for show, as it’s also a competition. The trophy categories are Project, Muscle, Exotic Import, Mini Truck, Low Rider, Trucks, Rat Rod, Sleeper, Suspension, Best Engine, Best Interior, and finally, Best Paint.  

Pictured, left to right: Domingo Chavez, Roman Daniels, Michael Lamphere III, and Paradise Hamilton.